Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Arrival!

I arrived here at Tilsey College/GLO Centre in Motherwell yesterday afternoon!

At the moment, there are first year and second year students at the college and the 5 of us FirstServers. There are about 20 of us total. In just over a day, we've gotten to know each other a little and find similarities etc. This is my room:
It's a cozy little room with a closet to the right there - which I should probably make use of. There are a few other rooms near mine and we share a bathroom.
Today, we didn't have anything to do so a few of us made a trip into Glasgow on the train. It was raining, of course, but nice to be on accessible public transportation again and to see a little of Glasgow. Here's a few pictures of the main street:


We went in to a few shops - they had a Forever 21...?!?! - and had some coffee at Starbucks. :)
Despite what most people say, the town of Motherwell is quite cute with quite a few shops but that's about it. There is an "American Candy Co." shop that was quite interesting - I'll have to go in some time. They said our progamme will start tonight, since everyone's here, so I'm excited to see what our timetable will be like.
I'm so glad I'm here now and it was great to settle in and meet these girls that I'll be spending the next three weeks with! Thank you, everyone, for all your prayers and support for my travel and arrival here!

No comments:

Post a Comment