Monday, October 14, 2013

Visiting Old Places with New Perspectives

Saying goodbye to everyone was hard but our heavy traffic trip to the airport in the lashing rain stressed us out so much that Rachel and I had our minds on making our flight, which helped calm our emotions. :) In Belfast, I stayed with the wonderful Karen Inch (who you should go to if you ever want to know anything or everything about the Titanic!) and she took Rachel and me to Newcastle and Tollymore Forest Park.
Nice to be back in Newcastle!


 

 
Lots was going on at Tollymore:

We tried to creep and see them film Dracula!

Set of 'Game of Thrones'!


Good thing there was a sign so we knew where we had to be!
From there I went to see Rachel McCullough and we took a trip up to the north coast. I saw lots of familiar sights and people. We had a blast from walking on the beach to eating ice cream to dinner at the Wine Bar!

Best tobacco onions in the world
It's been so cool to be back to both of my old churches! Nothing much has changed except maybe that they look a little smaller since I'm bigger. :)
Ballywillan Presbyterian Church
Dun Laoghaire Presbyterian Church
Parts of the concrete around the window has been crumbling!
 Sitting in "my pews":



1 comment:

  1. How great to get to revisit your old stomping grounds. I'm sure you felt very nostalgic sitting in those pews. And you got to see the sets of both a movie and an awesome TV show? SCORE!! Glad you're having a great time, Fiona--miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete