Friday, October 18, 2013

Part 3 out of 4 Commences

Time flies. So fast. My week in Dublin felt even shorter than my week traveling around the North. I think it's because I was in one place and you get into a routine that makes the time go by faster, somehow! Being in the good ole Dun Laoghaire and Dublin area was so great and I was sad to leave. I loved meeting up with old friends and exploring old places - none actually that old, just foggy in my mind after years of separation. :) Despite what my mother will try and tell you, the weather here isn't too bad and it only rained once while I was here with several days being warm enough to wear a t-shirt. Here are some pictures of my fab week!
99 (ice cream) at Teddy's!
Public fitness area - made a fool of myself using some of the machines...
Pier!
Bagel from itsa... Yummy!!
Visit to old school
My favourite Starbucks :)
View of the sea from Starbucks!
Weird faces at Cabinteely Park

View from the top of the spider web!

HUGE pieces of cake with Lydia, good thing we went for a walk first!

Shankill with Rebecca!


Selfie with the girls I stayed with :)
I thought I would have lots of down time, and I did have some but it was balanced with escapades and catching up with friends.
It was nice to be able to relax in my room and think about all that has happened so far. I typed up the testimony that I gave at bible college and that was really helpful because now I have a hard copy and not just bullet points. One thing that I've really paid attention to recently is the lyrics to church songs. I usually love songs because of the tune but when I think of what the songs are saying and the meaning behind the words, I get goose bumps. They're more powerful than I was giving them credit for. One example of this is from the song "Indescribable," “you know the depth of my heart and you love me the same.” Another thing is that practically every Sunday I would go to the same church, but the past five weeks I have gone to a different church each week. It has been so great and lovely to get a view of many different churches. Starting this Sunday, though, I will be at Cartsbridge Church for the next six weeks and that will be nice to really see that church and become a part of that community.
It's been great here in Glasgow so far, just arrived this morning. My host family is so wonderful and have made me very welcome. I'm excited for this stop on my adventure.
Silly me, thinking that quiet time and prayer would be easier when I'm away from home. There will ALWAYS be distractions but I definitely need God's help to overcome them and deepen my relationship with Him. Missing everyone and hope everyone is doing well!
XO

1 comment:

  1. Awww...your pics of Dun Laoghaire make me homesick! And I'm with your Mom - Ireland's weather is depressing :(

    ReplyDelete