Sunday, March 30, 2014

My days [here] are numbered

Finally, experienced true Lebanese culture at the hair salon! It was so relaxing and the whole staff make you feel pampered. :) Have to say, I was a little nervous having a man cut my hair, especially when the first thing he says is, 'Want a cut like mine?' (refer to picture below to see his hair) It was really fun, though, reasonably priced, and interesting to see where these women go to keep their hair so fabulous!

Had to capture our perfectly styled hair!
Since Teacher's Day, I have been to an Arabic church - twice; had busy days in school preparing for the Mother's Day performances (Mother's Day here is the 21st March);

Nursery Classes
There were no pictures with all the LKG classes so here is a picture of each class separately:
 



 
UKG Classes

Blowing up/playing with balloons for the "Tea and Treats for Mothers" event
 
Posing in front of one of the bulletin boards :)

 
All the junior teachers after school

made hummus, baba ganoush, cheese rolls, and a salad on one Saturday,

 
 





kibbeh and lentil soup the next week,


and then mloukhia (a spinach-like vegetable) with chicken and rice yesterday (all super yummy!!);
and also tried an avocado juice drink!
Last week, we had a long weekend with Monday and Tuesday off school. So the Dieters kindly brought me on a trip to the Cedars! It was so pretty and the kids were excited to see some snow (there was very little but they were happy - if only they were in PA this winter, they'd be sick of snow!!). The drive up there was even very pretty:



Snow!


And the Cedar trees were picturesque:

Carving



 
Let me translate... Just kidding, I don't know
 
Wee monkeys eating their snacks!
After some yummy snacks, hot chocolate, and brownies; we decided we hit up some geocaches in the area before heading home. Seems pretty harmless, right? Just wait...
On our way to the first geocache, we passed by the Baatara Gorge Waterfall and I'm so glad we stopped so I could see it because it's amazing!!!
God felt like being creative
Unfortunately, I wasn't wearing the best shoes so I didn't want to go cross that top bridge - but I wish I did. (That's right, mother. And you'll be right behind me!)
We reached one of the geocaches and it was so gorgeous, definitely somewhere you wouldn't just stumble upon.


What we took from the cache
We then searched for the other cache and the GPS was bringing us on little random roads. We finally just gave up and started to drive back the way we came. We had gone down  a hill that was muddy with water streaming down from the snow. After several attempts, we gunned it up most of the hill but with a little bit left to go, the car was not moving. Naomi (the VERY pregnant Naomi) and I got out to push. After several strategies, about an hour, and giving ourselves a mud bath; we reached dry land again and couldn't have been happier. Ate outside at Burger King on the way home to not draw attention to our state!
 
I hear it's the new style. Or maybe I could start a trend...
Leaving here is becoming more and more real in my mind. Trying to prepare, but that results in no food in the house and having weird nightmares. Please pray for my last two and a half weeks in school and that I'll be able to make the most of those days. Also, that I will be less lazy after school and actually workout so that I won't have to take two seats on the plane. ;) Thanks for following my journey, it means a lot. Lots of love xox


No comments:

Post a Comment